In order to obtain the Multicultural Certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 15 hours from the approved list of courses, 12 of which must be completed in residence (i.e. on Mizzou’s campus).
- Courses must be from at least 2 different departments.
- At least 6 credit hours must be completed at the 3000/4000 level.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours may include an applied experience of cultural difference. Approved research based undergraduate courses, transcripted Study Abroad approved through the Center for International Programs and Studies, and transcript-designated “Service Learning” coursework are among the possibilities.
- Only coursework in foreign languages that is numbered above 2150 is applicable, and there is a 6-hour maximum for such courses.
- A grade of “C-” or higher must be earned in each course and students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for overall coursework counting towards the certificate.
- Consistent with MU policy on certificates, an undergraduate degree and certificate must be awarded simultaneously.**
**Note: Students should file certificate paperwork BEFORE graduation.