In order to obtain the Multicultural Certificate, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 15 hours from the approved list of courses, 12 of which must be completed in residence (i.e. on Mizzou’s campus).
- Courses must be from at least 2 different departments.
- At least 6 credit hours must be completed at the 3000/4000 level.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours may include an applied experience of cultural difference. Approved research based undergraduate courses, transcripted Study Abroad approved through the Center for International Programs and Studies, and transcript-designated “Service Learning” coursework are among the possibilities.
- Only coursework in foreign languages that is numbered above 2150 is applicable, and there is a 6-hour maximum for such courses.
- A grade of “C-” or higher must be earned in each course and students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 for overall coursework counting towards the certificate.
- Consistent with MU policy on certificates, an undergraduate degree and certificate must be awarded simultaneously.**
**Note: Students should file certificate paperwork BEFORE graduation. The Multicultural Certificate can be awarded for Spring 2018 graduates until June 29, 2018. Those who graduated prior to Spring 2018 CANNOT receive the Multicultural Certificate.